Saturday, March 3, 2012

Rock Hill Farms Single Barrel Bourbon

For those who are not fans of Scotch (which mystifies me, but oh well), bourbon is a good liquor option.  While I have certainly not had as much experience with bourbon as with Scotch, Rock Hill Farms Single Barrel Bourbon is by far my favorite.  A true Kentucky Straight Bourbon (a designation with certain legal requirements, including having been produced and aged entirely within Kentucky), Rock Hill Farms is a strong, flavorful bourbon, which is rated exceptionally well by people who know bourbon far better than I, and with good reason.  Distilled by the Buffalo Trace Distillery, this is a truly high end bourbon, with a complex mix of flavors including coffee notes, chocolate, and vanilla.  This is actually a perfect bourbon for someone who typically drinks Scotch, and if you like this bourbon but haven't ventured much into Scotch, I would encourage you to.  My family member who most appreciates Scotch is also a big fan of good bourbon, and he loved this.

As a side note, not that it's actually important as far as taste, the bottle that Rock Hill Farms comes in, as you can see from the above picture, is quite beautiful.  I bought this as a "gift" for the family at Christmas, and I made my step-mom promise that when they finished the bottle (it wasn't done when I had to head home after the holidays), they would keep it for me, because it is so beautiful it will have a permanent place on my shelf, even though it's empty.

******

Check us out on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment